Medical reimbursement

When the custodial or noncustodial parent requests collection of uninsured and/or unreimbursed medical or dental costs:
  • The child support officer reviews the file and sends you the required forms. You also can use the link below to access these forms. 
  • You will need to complete the forms and submit them to the other party, along with copies of bills, receipts, etc. This includes completing an affidavit of mailing which shows the forms were mailed to the other party.
  • The other party is required to pay the requesting party within 30 days of receiving the forms.
  • If the other party does not pay within the 30 days, the requesting party submits the forms and the affidavit of mailing to our agency.
  • The child support officer will begin the legal process to get reimbursement. During that time, the other party can contest the claim. This process can take several months. The parties do have the option of filing a motion to address these uninsured and/or un-reimbursed medical or dental costs. 

More information:

Medical reimbursement forms