Child support payments usually continue until the child turns 18, unless otherwise ordered by the court. Support may continue until age 20 if a child is still in high school or is disabled.

If the court order is from a state other than Minnesota, the age of emancipation may vary. Contact your child support officer with questions.

If a child emancipates and the noncustodial parent still owes past-due child support, the child support agency will continue collection on the past-due amount.