Closing your child support case

MNPrairie may close a case for several reasons as allowed under federal law. Please consult your assigned child support agent if you have questions about why your case is closing.

If you are the applicant for services, you may request to have your case closed by contacting your child support officer by phone or by sending a written request. However, the following conditions must be met:
  • No public assistance arrears are owed and the requesting parent does not receive Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) payments, Medical Assistance or child care assistance.
  • The court has determined that payment of support directly to the custodial parent is in the best interests of the children or that the child support obligation is satisfied in another way.

You may use this document to send a written request for closure: Request to close support case.

Send your request to:

Minnesota Prairie County Alliance
Attn: Child Support
630 Florence Ave
Owatonna, MN 55060