Other states

MNPrairie can help establish paternity and child support orders, and set up child support collection, even when parents of a child live in different states. The Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) was set up to help child support agencies in different states to establish and enforce child support orders.

If you live outside of Minnesota and need help to get child support from a Minnesota resident, apply for child support services in the county and state where you live.

When more than one state is involved in child support enforcement, it may take longer to process your case. This means that child support collection will take longer than it does when both parents live in the same state.

Learn how to change your child support order, based on the state where you live:

U.S. office of child support enforcement interactive map

More information

Minnesota child support payment online
Child support brochures