Using your electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card

Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card

Your food support (SNAP) will be placed on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. If you are approved for SNAP in most cases your EBT card will be mailed to the address you provide at the time of your application. If you are approved for expedited food support, you may receive your EBT card within 24 hours.

How to use your Minnesota EBT card

Lost or stolen EBT card? Report immediately and request a replacement

  • To request a replacement EBT card, call customer service: 888.997.2227
  • Replacement cards cannot be issued at our office.
  • Replacement cards will be mailed to you by DHS and are typically received within 5 days
  • For additional information on your EBT card, please see the DHS guide linked above.